Are you thinking of bringing out your inner unicorn princess? One of the best ways to do so is by using a crazy color hair dye with a zany shade. If you are considering hair dyeing, this is the right spot for you. We have compiled a list of the 10 best purple hair dyes available in the market, making everything easy for you.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Purple Hair Dye
First, it is essential to learn a thing or two before buying. For example, many people have asked what factors to consider before buying. Here are some:
- The Natural Color of Your Hair – Bleached and blonde hair is ideal for most shades, including purple. However, if your hair is darker, you may have to consider bleaching before dyeing.
- The Type of Dye – Hair dyes range from semi to permanent to demi. Semi-permanent products will fade with a few washes. Demi may last up to 30 washes. With permanent dyes, they stay until new roots start showing.
- The Current State of Your Hair – Choose ammonia-free dye with conditioning benefits to avoid long-term damage for brittle and damaged hair.
- Budget – Depending on the product selected to maintain your dye, you may need to recolor your hair. You may also need other tools and products like shampoo. You will have to include all this in your budget.
- Maintenance – The dye contains chemicals that may damage your hair. You may therefore have to consider hair treatment to maintain the hair.
#1. Manic Panic Deep Purple Dream Hair Dye
Best Purple Hair Dye Overall
- The dye has no ammonia, phthalates, or parabens.
- It is gluten-free.
- The formula has a conditioner for the improvement of moisture levels.
- It is semi-permanent but vibrant.
- Hydrogenated castor oil
- Ability to mix with other colors and customize to the desired tone
- Minimal chemicals and is vegan and cruelty-free
- Semi-permanent hence a low commitment option.
- Fortified with conditioners to boost hair moisture levels
- Not a good option for those who want a permanent dye
#2. Arctic Fox Vegan and Cruelty-Free Semi-Permanent Dye
Best Purple Dye for Deep Color Customization
- No harsh ingredients hence safe for use
- Being a semi-permanent option, it lasts between 4-8 weeks
- It has a fantastic scent
- You can mix it with other dyes from Arctic Fox for a custom look
- Castor oil
- Leaf extract
- Vegan and cruelty-free product
- It is gentle on the hair
- The dyes conditioning features make it a worthy option
- It has a more fantastic smell than other dyes
- It is not the most budget-friendly option
#3. L’Oreal Paris Feria Power Violet Permanent Hair Dye
Best Purple Dye for Deep Violet Shade Permanent Hair Solution
- It is a very shimmery purple dye.
- It offers a long-lasting purple glimmer on your hair.
- PPD, peroxide, ammonia, and other harsh chemicals free
- Works well on all hair types
- 100% vegan dye
- Vegan ingredients including Aloe and leaf extract
- Has shimmery effect that adds glimmers to the hair
- Free from harsh chemicals
- Easy to mix and apply as it comes with use
- Works well on different kinds of hair
- It may not be the best option for all users as it is on the darker spectrum of purple
#4. Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Dye Pony (Electric Violet) Fantasy Hair Color
The Best Fark Purple Hair Dye
- Sulfate, peroxide, and ammonia-free
- It is a supersaturated dye and hence the best dark purple hair dye.
- 100% vegan and free from cruelty
- 100%Vegan ingredients
- No harsh chemicals like peroxide and ammonia hence damage-free
- Completely vegan and cruelty-free, therefore suitable for the hair
- It is PETA vegan satisfying
- A safe option for healthy hair with minimal or no damage
- It offers the best purple hair dye and conditioner
- The texture is pretty thick
#5. Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Permanent Hair Dye
Best Purple Dye for Dark and Stubborn Grey Hair
- Offers root touch up and spreads quickly on hair follicles
- Has conditioning and moisturizing effect that protects the hair
- It offers a permanent hair color solution hence the best purple hair color.
- Up to 100% grey hair coverage
- Works well on all types and textures of hair, including dark hair
- The color boost technology used in designing the product offers up to 8 weeks of intense color.
- Offers up to 3 times more shine with reduced hair breakage
- Made of moisturizing oils that nourish and protect your hair
- Works well on kinds of hair with 100% gray coverage on stubborn grays.
- It offers a bold and boosted hair color and is easy to use
- According to some users, the color fades quickly
#6. Adore Creative Image Semi-permanent Hair Color
- The dye has a great smell as it is ammonia and other harsh chemicals free.
- It turns into a blue shade when it starts shading instead of looking all burnt out and dull.
- The formula is easy to apply and use with an average cure time of 15 minutes.
- Often reapplication is not necessary hence a budget-friendly option.
- The new, creative, and best purple hair dye infuses the hair locks with a beautiful touch of vibrant color.
- Adore’s overall formula and design offer a great combination of botanical ingredients.
- It provides a vibrant shine rich color and leaves the hair shiny, silky, and soft, better than before dyeing.
- Fruit oils,
- Leaf extract
- Long-lasting dye
- The dye is not as messy as other products during application
- It is free from harsh chemicals like ammonia with a fantastic smell
- Color takes a long to fade.
- The blue shade that remains after fading may look odd
#7. Jerome Russell Punky Color Cream Violet
- Free from harsh chemicals like sulfate, paraben, PPD, gluten, and ammonia.
- It is safe for use and healthy on hair and scalp.
- It is easy to apply.
- It offers bright and vibrant hair color.
- The hair formula has a pleasant smell.
- Natural ingredients
- Easy to apply by sampling following the application instructions provided
- Readily available and does not require additional developers
- Free from harsh chemicals, it has keratin for conditioning purposes
- The darker shades may be staining
#8. Iroiro Premium Natural Semi-Permanents Hair Color
- It is easy to apply with a super user-friendly pouch
- Vibrant and long-lasting hair color
- No harsh and nasty chemicals like PPD and synthetic hence safe for use
- Available in a range of colors which you can mix to obtain a customized look
- Gentle on the hair as it is free from harsh chemicals with a vibrant look
- It is easy to apply because of being a cream-based dye. All you need to do is massage it thoroughly on the hair.
- It contains coconut oil which is good for dry and damaged hair as it restores and nourishes it
- Coconut oil
- Quinoa protein
- It has an outstanding natural fragrance
- Vegan friendly
- All-natural and easy to apply
- The color is not as long-lasting as other products
#9. Special Effects SFX Hair Dye Pimpim Color
- The semi-permanent solution can last for weeks, of course, depending on the care routine, maintenance, and washes.
- It conditions the hair as it colors, making sure that it is soft and shiny.
- SFX offers conditioning and nourishing effects on hair, rejuvenating dry and damaged hair by preserving moisture.
- It is 100% vegan with no Harsh Chemicals.
- Natural ingredients
- It lasts long and fades slowly
- It has a strong natural purple shade as it is highly pigmented and saturated
- Vegan friendly
- It may look light to other people easily stain hands and clothes
#10. Joico Intensity Semi-permanent Hair Color
- Available in a broad spectrum of shades
- The different shaded can be intermixed to obtain a stunning look
- Dyes come with instructions that make it easy to apply
- It has a conditioning and nourishing effect that leaves the hair healthy soft, and shiny after application
- Kukui nut oil
- Quadramine complex
- Easy to apply with the help of application instructions
- Long-lasting depending on the hair care routine practices
- It offers a conditioning effect for guaranteed reconstruction, leaving the hair healthy
- It is one of the most expensive hair color products that you can purchase
With this product review of the ten best purple hair dyes, you are one step toward selecting the best option that will serve your coloring needs. As we have seen, each product, no matter how good it is, has a downside. This is an essential factor to look at before making a decision. You may still find it rather challenging to select the best option as you only need one out of the ten alternatives. Our advice to you is to consider what you specifically need before making a buying decision. However, we recommend Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Permanent Hair Dye as it lasts long and is suitable for all hair types, and lasts the longest. Also, it is considered the best purple hair dye by many.
FAQs on Best Purple Hair Dye
What is the longest-lasting purple hair dye?
Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Colour Permanent Purple Hair is the longest-lasting hair dye formula as it guarantees eight weeks of bold and vibrant color.
Is purple hair dyeing damaging?
Most of the products as aforementioned contained little or no developer (peroxide or ammonia). This makes the dyes gentle on the hair and less damaging.
What is the most permanent purple hair dye?
The most permanent purple hair dye solution has the strongest pigmentation or saturation. Therefore the only product that fits this description is Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Colour Permanent Purple Hair Dye. You can view this video about dark purple dyeing at home. It will help you dye your hair, making it easy for you.