Last Updated on [May 22th, 2022]
Your privacy is important to [How To Hair Girl], https://howtohairgirl.com/ (“website”)
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
The following describes the categories of personal information we collect and how we collect such information.
Information You Provide. We collect the information you provide to us directly. This includes information you provide when you:
- Receive any free or purchase any paid programs, products, courses, or services from us (each, a “Product”).
- Sign up to receive any emails.
- Comment on any posts or otherwise communicate with us on any social media platform.
- Register for presentations or classes.
- Fill out any forms.
- Access public or private membership groups, including those hosted via a third-party platform (i.e., Facebook).
- Sign up to become our affiliate partner.
- Respond to any survey.
- Participate in any contest or sweepstakes.
- Contact us through any other means, including via an online form, phone call, or email (collectively, the “Actions”).
Examples of data we may receive include:
- Your first name
- Last name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Shipping address
- Billing address
- Physical address (such as your address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, and city)
- Date of birth
- Account name
- Billing information (such as your credit card number)
- Financial information
- Social Security Number
- Tax Identification Number
- Employer Identification Number
- PayPal address
- Social media information
- Other information you provide to us through survey responses, feedback, reviews, and other means of communication.
Information Collected Automatically. We collect some data automatically when you visit or use our website or open or respond to our emails. For example, we may automatically collect information or reply to our emails when you are available. Also, choose concerning communications we send to you, and visit any page that displays our content. Lastly, provide information to our service providers or purchase or return a Product.
Information from Third-Party Sites. We collect some data when you connect with us, comment on or like our posts or otherwise interact with us on any social media platform or when you access public or private membership groups hosted on a third-party platform (i.e., Facebook). For example, we may receive data like your profile information, profile picture, social media information, social media handles or nicknames, name, purchase history, email address, device identifiers, and demographic information.
Information from the Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity. We automatically collect some data about your computer or mobile device when accessing our website. Examples of data we may receive include:
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- Browser type
- Browser version
- Cookies from your browser
- Unique device identifiers
- Web browser software (i.e., Google Chrome)
- Information about the referring website
- The date, time, and length of your visit
- Including the specific pages, you visit
- Information on how you interact with the website
- Products and tools, and other diagnostic data
Examples of additional data we may receive when you access our website through a mobile device include the type of mobile device you are using:
- The unique mobile device ID
- Your mobile operating system
- Web browser software on mobile
- Unique device identifiers
- Other diagnostic data
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION
We use your information for business and commercial purposes. For example, we may use your information to:
- Register you for a course, presentation or class.
- Grant, you access to a public or private membership group or another account and maintain and service your profiles for such accounts.
- Validate and authenticate your profile when logging into a public or private membership group or other account or purchasing a Product.
- Analyze interactions with you to improve quality.
- Identify your product preferences and shopping preferences.
- Secure our website and data.
- Create Products that you are interested in.
- Ship or otherwise deliver, process payment for, communicate about, and track any products’ orders.
- Suggest Products you may like based on past purchases and otherwise personalize your experience with the website.
- Provide promotional and marketing communications and information if you elect to receive it, including email marketing.
- Improve the design, functionality, and ease of use of our website and Products.
- Respond to any inquiries, reviews, or other feedback you submit to us.
- Provide customer service.
- Conduct research to improve our business processes.
- Administer affiliate programs.
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or promotions.
- Administer any business needs related to your purchase of any Products.
- Detect security incidents and protect against, stop, resolve, and prevent fraud, fraudulent transactions, and any malicious, deceptive or illegal activity.
- Comply with all applicable laws.
- Respond to legal and regulatory inquiries and assist law enforcement.
THIRD PARTIES WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
The following is a list of third parties that we may share your information with or for.
Affiliate Partners. We may share your information with affiliate partners to generate traffic, leads, or other business purposes.
Analytics Providers. We may share your information with analytics providers.
Business Transfers. Suppose a third party acquires us and/or our website due to a transfer, sale, merger, acquisition, reorganization, liquidation, consolidation, merger, or sale of some or all of our Company and/or our website. In that case, your personal information may be a transferred asset. We may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to diligence the proposed transaction.
Cloud Service Providers. We may share your information with cloud service providers.
Customer Analysis Providers. We may share your information with customer analysis providers, such as those used to analyze visitors’ clicks and navigation around the website.
Customer Service Providers. We may share your information with customer service providers.
Delivery Partners. We may share your information with delivery partners, such as those we use to ship or deliver any Products.
Email Marketing and Advertising Providers. We may share your information with marketing, and advertising providers, including email marketing and campaign providers, marketing software providers, direct mail providers, marketing analytics providers, and sales funnel providers. In addition, we may share your information with email marketing service providers to send you emails, newsletters, promotional materials, marketing materials, or other information.
Fraud Prevention Partners. We may share your information with fraud prevention partners.
Fulfillment Partners. We may share your information with fulfillment partners, such as those we use to fulfill any Products.
Other Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers.
Payment Processors. We may share your information with payment processors, such as those we use to collect and process payment for any purchased product.
Public Forum. Our website may allow you to leave a post, comment, or review the website. If you choose to submit that information on a public forum, that information will be available to the public, and we may elect to share your post, comment, or review outside of the website.
Technology Service Providers. We may share your information with technology service providers.
Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties with whom we have contractual relationships, such as auditors, consultants, lawyers, and other professionals who rely on the data to provide professional services.
Third-Party Partners. We may share your information with third parties we have partnered with to jointly create or offer a product, service, or joint promotion.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties, as we value your privacy. We also do not “sell” your personal information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may collect and access and may permit our business partners and third-party service providers, such as advertising companies, to manage and access your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browsing metadata, and other numerical identifiers, such as your browser type, version, and operating system (collectively, the “Browsing Information”). We may also use, place, collect and store, or allow our third-party service providers to use, position, collect and store cookies, web beacons, remarketing pixel tags, or other similar tracking technologies.
We, our business partners and third-party service providers may use this information and these technologies to, among other things, improve and personalize your user experience, understand how you use the website, provide tailored ads, analyze trends, data, and website performance, administer the website, identify and track you when you use different devices, determine if you are logged onto the website, provide security and provide a range of features, customization, and functionality.
You must understand your choices regarding your personal information.
Opting Out of/Blocking Cookies. Most browsers accept cookies by default. However, most browsers will allow you to prevent accepting new cookies, disable cookies, and/or receive a notification when you receive further cookies. If your browser has such functionalities, you can typically find information on how to change your cookie settings in the help section of the browser toolbar. Please note that if you disable cookies, this may impact or interfere with your user experience, including your ability to use or make purchases from the website or receive personalized content.
Managing “Do Not Track.” As the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) requires, we would like you to know that our systems cannot recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Use of Personal Information. You can request that we delete your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below, subject to certain exceptions. You can also (i) request to see your personal information that we have available to you, (ii) withdraw consent for our use of your personal information, (iii) review and request we rectify, change or modify your personal information, (iv) restrict or limit the processing of your personal information, (v) cancel the processing of your personal information and (vi) request your personal information and transfer it to another controller without any impediments on our part by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Unsubscribing from Email Marketing. When you sign up to receive emails from us, you agree to receive email communications, including newsletters and promotional emails. If you receive any email marketing from us, you can opt out at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in each email. Please note that unsubscribing from email marketing does not necessarily unsubscribe you from other emails we may send, such as emails about any Products you purchase.
Other Opt-Out Options. If we send you physical mailings or short message service (SMS) messages or contact you via telephone, you can opt out by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We retain personal information as long as it is needed to conduct and operate our business or until you ask us to delete your personal information by contacting us using the contact details provided below. Please note that we cannot control the data retention policies of third parties.
For your convenience, we provide links to third-party websites on our website, such as links to third-party social media platforms. If you click on a link to a third-party website, we will direct you to a third-party website. We can not control the privacy policies, content, and practices of the website owners and operators of any third-party websites we link to. We encourage you to visit their websites directly to learn about their privacy policies.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
INTERNATIONAL DATA, TRANSFERS AND PROCESSING
Our website is intended for individuals located within [United States]. Please be aware that our website servers and service providers may be located outside your state, province, or country. As a result, some of your personal information may be collected, used, transferred, maintained, disclosed, and stored outside your state, province, or country. By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that the collection, use, transfer, maintenance, disclosure, and storage of your personal information, Browsing information, and communications related to or arising out of your use of this website are governed by the applicable laws in [United States]. While we have the appropriate safeguards in place, the relevant privacy laws in [United States ]may be less stringent than those of your state, province, or country.
NOTICE ABOUT THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR NOTICE)
The information in this section, under the subheading “Notice About the General Data Protection Regulation,” applies to individuals covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Therefore, references to “you” and “your” in this section refer only to those covered by GDPR. GDPR, which took effect on May 2525th May, 2018, provides privacy rights for those inside the European Economic Area.
For this section, “personal information” refers to any information relating to an individual which can be directly or indirectly used to identify such individual. Examples include first name and last name, email address, identification number, information about location, ethnicity, gender, biometric data, web cookies, and religious or political beliefs.
Legal basis for processing information. We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- We have received your consent to process your personal information for one or more specific purposes.
- Processing your personal information is necessary to perform a contract you are a party to or take steps at your request before entering into a contract.
- Processing your personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation we are subject to.
- Processing your personal information is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person.
- Processing your personal information is necessary to perform a task carried out in the public interest or to exercise an official authority vested in us.
- Processing of your personal information is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or us, except in certain circumstances where the need for the data is overridden by the need to protect the subject of the personal information (such as when the subject of the personal information is a child).
We are happy to let you know which legal basis applies to the processing of your personal information.
You have certain rights you can exercise under the GDPR, including the following. Please note that this summary is merely provided for your convenience. Still, we do not warrant the accuracy or exhaustiveness of this summary, nor should you rely on this as an accurate or exhaustive list of your rights.
- Right to Access. You have the right to learn whether or not your personal information is being processed. If it is being processed, you have the right to access the personal information and remember certain information about your personal information, including: (i) why it is being processed, (ii) the categories of personal information we collected, (iii) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom we have or will disclose the personal information to, (iv) if possible, the amount of time we will store the personal information, or if not possible, the criteria we use to determine such period and (v) available information about the sources for the personal information we collected.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to correct any inaccurate personal information about yourself. You also have the right to complete any incomplete personal data collected, including providing an additional statement.
- Right to Be Forgotten. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information, which we will do without undue delay under certain circumstances. Examples may include: (i) where the personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, (ii) where you withdraw consent based on which we processed your personal information, and there is no legal ground for processing such personal information, (iii) where you invoke your right to object (described below), and there are no overriding grounds for processing such personal information, (iv) where your personal information has been unlawfully processed and (v) where the personal information has to be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances. Examples may include: (i) where you indicate the inaccuracy of your personal information, (ii) where the processing is unlawful but you would like the processing of your personal information to be restricted as opposed to erasing, and (iii) where we no longer need the personal information for processing, but you would like it restricted for a legal basis, and (iv) where you invoke your right to object (described below).
- Notification of Recipients of Personal Information. If you exercise your Right to Rectification, Right to Be Forgotten, or Right to Restrict processing (each as described above), we will convey that to each recipient we have shared your personal information with. You have the right to request we provide you with a list of all recipients we have notified.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Right to Object. You have the right to object to processing your personal information under certain circumstances. Examples may include: (i) where the personal data is being processed on grounds relating to your situation, where the legal grounds for processing such personal information fall under categories (v) and (vi) as described in the sub-section titled “Legal basis for processing information” and (ii) where the personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. Please get in touch with your local data protection authority for more information.
- Right To Object to Profiling. We may use automated decision-making in operating our website. You have the right not to be subjected to any decisions arising from automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details provided below. We are required to verify the identity of anyone who makes any request.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (CCPA NOTICE)
As a California resident, you have certain rights you can exercise under the CCPA, including the following. Please note that this summary is merely provided for your convenience. Still, we do not warrant the accuracy or exhaustiveness of this summary, nor should you rely on this as an accurate or exhaustive list of your rights.
- Right to Know. You have the right to obtain from us certain information about our collection of your personal information over the past 12 month period, including (i) the categories of personal information we collected, (ii) the specific pieces of your personal information we collected, (iii) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected, (iv) our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information, (v) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, and (vi) if we sold or disclosed your personal information, then (a) a list disclosing the categories of personal information involved in sales and the categories of third parties to whom we sold your personal information and (b) a list disclosing categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information. You have the right to obtain this information from us, free of charge, twice each year.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected, subject to certain exceptions. When you contact us, please let us know the information you are asking we remove, update, correct or amend and the timeframe and manner in which you believe we came to collect such information.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties, as we value your privacy. Therefore, no request to opt-out of the sale is necessary.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not discriminate against you in any way for exercising any of the rights available to you under the CCPA, including by denying you goods or services, charging you different prices or rates, providing you with a lesser quality of goods or services, or suggesting that you would receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different quality of goods or services.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details provided below. We are required to verify the identity of anyone who makes any request.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (California’s “Shine the Light” Law)
We do not share your personal information with third parties who we know or have reason to know may use your data for “direct marketing purposes” as contemplated by California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83).
NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
We do not exchange your personal information for monetary consideration with anyone who will license or sell your personal information to third parties.
This website is not directed towards or designed for use by children under 18. This website and its information are specifically designed for individuals over 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not access this website or perform any actions. We do not knowingly collect, use, store or share personal information from children under the age of 18. If you know or have reason to believe that we have collected data from anyone under the age of 18, please contact us using the contact details provided to remove that data.
HOW TO CONTACT US